Pansy (Viola Wittrockiana Celestial Blue) 300 seeds (#1444)
All seeds (except SOLD OUT) are available for immediate shipping and will be dispatched within 1-2 business days.
Most popular plant for bedding and in groups with extensive colour effects. Also used for plantings on graves and edgings.
This series produces giant blossoms and flowers later in spring.
Prefers loose, rich, humous soil with sufficient moisture.
Genus - Viola
Species - Wittrockiana
Variety - Celestial Blue
Common name - Pansy
Pre-Treatment - Not-required
Hardiness zones - 5 - 8
Height - 0,15 - 0,20 m
Spread - 0,20 - 0,25 m
Plant type - Annual or biennial flower
Exposure - Full Sun, Partial Sun
Growth rate - Fast
Soil PH - Neutral
Soil type - Loamy, rich, humous
Water requirements - Average Water
Landscape uses - Beds, borders, graves, pots
Bloom season - March - May, October - November
Leaf / Flower color - Green / Blue
Violas do better with stratification, a process of subjecting seeds to moist/cold treatment to break the seeds dormancy. Indoors, sow seeds into moistened soil or vermiculite and place in the refrigerator or freezer for about 5 days. After that:
1. Fill plastic germination cell pots with moist germination soil mix.
2. Make a small hole with the pencil and put one little tiny seed into each.
3. Cover them lightly with the soil that got pushed away by making the hole. (seeds will germinate with no light)
4. Mist them with a spray bottle and cover the tray with clear plastic.
5. Place in a sunny window in a room that never goes below ~+16C at night and stays about +22C during the day.
7. When they start to germinate remove the cover to allow or air circulation.
There are no reviews for this product.
No questions about this product.